Links to Related Websites: Natural History & Images
- Natural History & Images
- Evolution & Earth History
- Bioscience Education
- Databases, Journals, Directories, Organizations and Societies
Links to taxon-specific sites on the World Wide Web can be found throughout the Tree of Life.
Natural History Museums, Collections, Exhibitions
- Natural History Museums. Extensive list at UC Berkeley.
- Natural History Museums and Collections. University of Washington Libraries
- Science and Natural History Museums Hotlist. Franklin Institute.
- Smithsonian Natural History Homes Page
- American Museum of Natural History
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- The Miller Museum of Geology
- University of California Museum of Paleontology, specifically the Phylogeny of Life and the PaleoNet pages.
- The Paleontology Portal.
- California Academy of Sciences
- Exploratorium. The museum of science, art and human perception.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
- University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
- St. Louis Science Center
- Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
- The Academy of Natural Sciences Philadelphia
- Harvard Museum of Natural History
- Massachusetts Museum of Natural History
- Peabody Museum of Natural History, Yale University
- University of Connecticut Biological Collections
- North Carolina Museum of Life and Science
- The Paleontological Research Institution
- Provincial Museum of Alberta
- Hooper Virtual Paleontological Museum
- The Virtual Museum of Natural History (VMNH).
- The National Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- The Natural History Museum London
- Oxford University Museum of Natural History
- The Hunterian Museum, University of Glasgow
- The Hancock Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Swedish Museum of Natural History
- Paleontological Museum University of Oslo, Norway
- Museums of Natural History at the University of Copenhagen
- Museon, the popular-science museum in The Hague, Netherlands
- Natuurhistorisch Museum Maastricht
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
- Musée National d'Histoire Naturelle, Luxembourg
- Biological Research Collections in Germany
- Senckenberg Centre for Biodiversity Research
- Museum für Naturkunde Berlin
- Staatliche Museen für Naturkunde Baden-Württemberg
- Urweltmuseum Hauff (Hauff Museum of the Prehistoric World). Fossils from the Holzmaden site.
- Historic Biology Books. Kurt Stüber's online library of books by Ernst Haeckel, Charles Darwin, and others, with many illustrations.
- Natural History Museum, Berne
- Natural History Museum Fribourg
- Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris
- Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales de Madrid
- Museo di Storia Naturale di Firenze
- South African Museum
- National Museums of Kenya
- National Museum of Namibia
- University of the Witwatersrand Zoology Museum
- DigiMorph. The Digital Morphology library is a dynamic archive of information on digital morphology and high-resolution X-ray computed tomography of biological specimens. A National Science Foundation Digital Library at the University of Texas at Austin.
- ARKive. A digital library of films, photographs and associated recordings of species. The Wildscreen Trust.
- CalPhotos. More than 100,000 digital images of organisms and landscapes. Digital Library Project, University of California, Berkeley.
- Cells alive!. Images and stock videos related to microbiology, cell biology, aquatic protozoa, water-borne parasites, infectious disease, and immunology.
- Nanoworld Image Gallery. Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis, The University of Queensland. Hundreds of micrographs of organisms and tissues.
- A Web Atlas of Cellular Structures Using Light and Confocal Microscopy. Sheela Konda, Steve Rogers, and Daniel E. Weber. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Imaging Technology Group
- Cytographics. Images and videos to support the teaching of cell biology.
- BIODIC. Worlds largest ultrastructure images gallery online. Free University of Brussels.
- BIODIDAC. A bank of digital resources for teaching biology. University of Ottawa.
- Image Quest 3-D. Huge marine stock photo library and more.
- BioImages - Virtual Field-Guide (UK). A large selection of pictures of Natural History objects, mostly British in origin.
- Biological Image Archive. Images of plant and animal species. Biodiversity and Biological Collections Web Server.
- Science Image online. CSIRO, Australia.
- National Image Library. US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- NOAA photograph and image collection. Approximately 10,000 digitized images relating to oceans and the atmosphere. U. S. National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
- eye of science. The aim of this site is to combine scientific exactness with aesthetic appearances, and thereby help to bridge the gap between the world of science and the world of art.
- Protist Image Data. Pictures and information on selected genera of algae and protozoa. Molecular Evolution and Organelle Genomics program at the University of Montreal.
- BioMEDIA ASSOCIATES. Learning programs for biology.
- MicroAngela. A collection of colorized electron micrographs provided by Tina (Weatherby) Carvalho, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Bristol BioMed Image Archive. A collection of medical, dental and veterinary images for use in teaching.
- Parasite Image Library. Center of Disease Control. Division of Parasitic Diseases (DPD).
Links to taxon-specific image galleries can be found throughout the Tree of Life
Last updated 22 September 2006