Links to Related Websites: Evolution & Earth History
- Natural History & Images
- Evolution & Earth History
- Bioscience Education
- Databases, Journals, Directories, Organizations and Societies
Links to taxon-specific sites on the World Wide Web can be found throughout the Tree of Life.
- AToL. Assembling the Tree of Life. The AToL initiative is a large research effort sponsored by the National Science Foundation. Its goal is to reconstruct the evolutionary origins of all living things.
- Systematic Biology WWW site. A quarterly of the Society of Systematic Biologists.
- Tree Thinking Group. Materials for teaching and learning about evolutionary relationships and the use of phylogenies in biological problem solving. University of Pittsburgh.
- Systematic and Molecular Phylogenetics. Just the Facts: A Basic Introduction to the Science Underlying NCBI Resources.
- UK Systematics Forum
- Cyberinfrastructure for Phylogenetic Research (CIPRES)
- Molecular Systematics and Evolution Course. The Natural History Museum, London and NUI Maynooth, Ireland.
- Introduction to Phylogenetic Systematics. Peter H. Weston and Michael D. Crisp. Society of Australian Systematic Biologists
Phylogenetic Computer Programs
- Joe Felsenstein's page on Phylogeny Programs, which also contains a list of Other Lists of Phylogeny Software
- Biology Links: Evolution. MCB Harvard University.
- The Talk.Origins Archive. A detailed exploration of the creation/evolution controversy with a very useful section on Biology and Evolutionary Theory.
- Understanding Evolution. An evolution web site for teachers. University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- Evolution - a journey into where we're from and where we're going. Companion website to the PBS television series.
- Issues in Evolution. ActionBioscience.org
- AAAS Evolution Resources. American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- National Evolutionary Synthesis Center. Collaborative effort by Duke University, NC State, and UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Evolution Companion. Clearinghouse For Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Education.
- actionbioscience.org: issues in evolution. American Institute of Biological Sciences.
- Science and Creationism. A view from the National Academy of Sciences.
- Creation "Science" Debunked. Lennie Flank.
- Evolution Education Resource Center. Information on evolution for non-scientists.
- EvoWiki. The Evolution Education Wiki is a free, reader-built encyclopedia of evolution, biology, and origins.
- Darwin's Web Ring. A consortium of sites containing information related to Darwinian evolution, including theoretical information, the history of evolutionary theory, controversies associated with it, etc.
- Was Darwin Wrong? Gert Korthof reviews books criticizing evolution and Darwinism.
- Evolution on the Web for Biology Students. Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Articles on Evolution. From the Boston Review.
- Teaching About Evolution and the Nature of Science. A guidebook for teachers.
- Evolutionary Biology and the National Research Agenda. A description of evolutionary biology's unique role in biological research, education and practical applications.
- DNA from the Beginning. An animated primer on the basics of DNA, genes, and heredity.
History of Evolutionary Biology
- Evolution: Theory and History. University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- The writings of Charles Darwin on the web. John van Wyhe ed.
- The Life and Death of Charles R. Darwin: 1809-1882. Charles F. Urbanowicz, California State University, Chico.
- Evolution. Selected papers and commentary by Donald Forsdyke, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- The C. Warren Irvin, Jr., Collection of Charles Darwin and Darwiniana. University of South Carolina.
- The Alfred Russel Wallace Page. Charles H. Smith, Western Kentucky University.
- The Darwin-Wallace 1858 Evolution Paper. How it all began.
- AboutDarwin.com. A website dedicated to the life and times of Charles Darwin.
- Project Gutenberg has a number of e-texts by and about Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace.
- Online texts by Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace. Department of Zoology, University of Bergen.
- Online Literature Library: Books by Charles Darwin. The Voyage of the Beagle, The Origin of Species, The Descent of Man in full text.
- Great Books Index: Scientific Writings of Charles Darwin. Origin of Species, Descent of Man, Voyage of the Beagle, Expression of Emotions in full text.
- The Darwin Correspondence Project. University of Cambridge.
- The PALEOMAP Project. Illustrating the changing distribution of land and sea during the past 1100 million years.
- Geologic Time. William L. Newman, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Geologic Time Scale. Geological Society of America.
- Geological Time Scale. Andrew MacRae.
- GeoWhen Database. Information about geological time scales.
- Exploring Time & Space. The Paleontology Portal.
- This Dynamic Earth: the Story of Plate Tectonics. U.S. Geological Survey.
- Exploring the Earth. "Real Time" demonstrations of fundamental Earth processes. University of Utah.
- Global Plate Tectonics and Paleogeography. Regional paleogeographic views of earth history. Ron Blakey, Northern Arizona University.
- Geology Wing. University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- Illustrated Glossary of Geologic Terms. Steven M. Richardson. Iowa State University.
Last updated 5 May 2007